Thursday

Audience Feedback for Magazine Cover 1st Draft

After completing the first draft of my magazine poster, I thought it would be a good idea to gain some feedback for it. Allowing myself to gain audience feedback will in turn provide me with some points and aspects that can therefore be improved, giving myself a better chance for a higher grade.
With this in mind, I decided to present the piece to both my media teacher and 2 peers from my class.

Magazine Cover
Immediately from the outset the picture became the main focus of discussion from my peers. They liked the stern look the character had on his face, with his clothing adding the overall emotion. They said;

Callum - 'Nice main photo. Looks forceful and gives quite a moody outset from it.'
Tyler - 'Photo is bold, looks like quite a bold film'.


Photo Used 

With our story holding dark and glum characteristics, I was pleased the photo gave off this appeal of a forceful and moody outlook, allowing me to know that the cover does reflect the storyline as a whole. After this I explained how the character, Daryl, in the photo was yes one of the main characters but not the main character for the story. I went on further to say that rather than give the publicity to the main persona of that film, splitting it up and producing a magazine cover with another character will provide a different outlook to the film and something that the reader would not necessarily expect hearing that there was an article on the film.

After receiving some positive feedback from my peers, I then asked my teacher to give me some too. He picked out the names of the films down the side, film's that would be talked about inside the magazine. He liked the way the names fit around the border of the character allowing a bit of text but not putting pressure on the picture.



To improve my poster and magazine cover its key that I receive some negative feedback and points that I can either add or build from. I asked my teacher for this feedback.
His first point was the text produced for the main 'Wonderland' article. He thought it was too word heavy and something unlikely to see on a magazine cover. With this in mind, he thinks it could be worth cutting this down to less words focussing on the actors name more.

 

Staying with the text he next went on to mention the main mast-heading 'vCity'. He mentioned that he did yes like the text, but thought it wasn't bold enough and lacked authority on the page. With this in mind, he suggested making the heading a fraction bigger and stretching it to cover a small part of the main picture. This way dominance of the name is shown and clearly indicates the name of the magazine.


After this he also mentioned it could be worth adding something to make the cover look more film a film magazine. He suggested a film reel to just shown its clearly a film based magazine.

Summary of Magazine Cover
From the audience feedback, I have declared a number of things to take into the next draft;

·        Good Assertive Picture
·        Films names down the side works well
·        Cut down the text on the main 'Wonderland' article
·        Make 'vCity' masthead larger
·        Add a film reel

No comments:

Post a Comment