Tuesday

Audience Feedback for Poster 1st Draft

After completing the first draft of my magazine poster, I thought it would be a good idea to gain some feedback for it. Allowing myself to gain audience feedback will in turn provide me with some points and aspects that can therefore be improved, giving myself a better chance for a higher grade.
With this in mind, I decided to present the piece to both my media teacher and 2 peers from my class.

Poster
After loading the poster I presented it to them via Corel draw format. Immediately it was clear they liked the writing for credits and the title saying;

Callum-‘Nice credits, looks like an actual film poster’
Nathan– ‘Title looks good with the shadowing’


I then asked them whether anything could be improved. After analysing it they both said the names were quite hard to see, with the white colour on the green bush background.

Callum –‘Names are tough to see with choice of colours.’
Nathan – ‘The white on green makes the names hard to see’
The reason I had this in the first place was to change the colour and keep it different thoughout the poster. Knowing now that it is tough to see allows me to make this change and allow the audience to see the actors names a lot clearer.

After hearing to what they both had to say about the poster, I then asked my media teacher his thoughts. He agreed the colour choice with the background could be improved, with regards to names, but also made the point about the picture.

He thought the picture wasn’t mysterious enough and just displayed a young man on a bench. Knowing how complex the story line is, he’s asked me to re-do the picture producing one that holds a puzzling outlook. With this in mind he thinks by providing a mysterious puzzling picture, the audience would be intrigued more than they would be him just sitting on the bench.
Picture Used

Summary of poster
From the audience feedback, I have declared a number of things to take into my next draft go;

·         The font is good for the titles and credits and will be kept.
·         The shadowing on the title will be kept.
·         The picture needs to be changed to a more puzzling one.
·         Make sure the background colours and font colours don’t clash.

No comments:

Post a Comment